Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using Filter by a specific due date

How can I filter items due by a specific date? I am using the Calendar and Map Power-Ups and I need to see deliveries scheduled on specific days to plan the loading of trucks. Because I have locations on everything, I am getting too many cards showing on the map. If I want to see just the locations on a specific due date, so the map filters and shows just those cards, I could better plan out the delivery trucks. I tried using "Due: [date]" in the filtering field, however, I do not get accurate results. 

2 answers

Hi @Amanda Schmidt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I should have paid attention to what tool the question was for.

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Aug 25, 2020

@Amanda Schmidt you can't filter by specific due dates, but you can set your due date *times* to be, say, midnight on the day the delivery is due and then filter by overdue cards to see all cards that need to be delivered on that day.

You could also create a report using a Butler Board Button that will email you (or post a comment to a card) with links to cards due within a specific timeframe:

2020-08-26 at 8.32 am.pngIf you want to see a list of cards that are due on a specific date and no other date you would need to do this with the API. This Trellinator function would print out a list of cards due on a given date:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/96a542a60b1fea79da9746203fe8d091

You can run that function here in BenkoBot, just change the date and board name:

https://app.benkobot.com/

If you wanted to run this daily, for example, you could save that code snippet, paste it into the BenkoBot interface and run it in the morning to get a list of links to cards that need delivery on a specific date.

@Iain Dooley  Is this the “as a service” version? I noticed it saves API and Token on the browser and based on description user will need to invoke it daily. Will try it later.  Congrats.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Aug 25, 2020

@milynnus yep that's right, this is v1 :) it only does "one off" executions right now, the notification handling and scheduling are in closed beta, but I expect to have them public in a few weeks

Like milynnus likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

203 views 10 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you