Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Butler to move the weeks todos to a week task board on mondays

Jen Lindwall November 29, 2021

I am newish to Trello and trying to figure out how to best manage my weekly tasks.

My current thought is that I could set up a rule to have all my tasks with due dates in the coming week (across my 5 boards) moved to a "Weekly Tasks" board.  The issue is that I can't figure out how to do this using the current butler tool. If due dates didn't work, I could also have certain lists within each board that all were added to another board on Mondays.

I can figure out how to automatically move something I assign a new due date for the current week but I want something like this "At 8 am on Monday, all tasks due in the coming week will copy to the "Weekly Tasks" board.

Does anyone have suggestions or thoughts on how to make this happen?

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Hi Jen! Welcome to Trello :) It is possible to create a rule to copy cards from one board to another and set it to trigger on certain days of the week. You'll need to create a calendar command in Butler - something along the lines of this:
calendar command.PNG

I'm not sure how scalable this option is though for a few reasons:
1. The cards on the master weekly tasks board are not synced with the original cards, so you'll need to duplicate the work across both boards
2. What happens if you add a new card during the week that's due for the same week? 
3. What happens if something that is due this week gets pushed to another week?

In the end, your Weekly Tasks board might not be as up to date as you want. It might make sense to build something that's a bit more dynamic

A few options come to mind:
1. Create a board that acts as your "Dashboard" and use Dashcards to create custom reports on the cards that are due that week across all your boards. When you click into the dashcard, you'll see a list of all the cards due that week.

2. Use the "My Cards" view to see all your cards across all boards in one place, then sort by due date to easily see at a glance what's overdue, what's due today, this week, etc.

3. Use an add-on to create a consolidated report of all your cards. One option is to use Unito to sync all cards from all boards into one master board, and then use the calendar view to see what's coming up today, this week, etc.
Another option is Blue Cat Reports - you can create a dynamic report taking cards from multiple boards and filtering it based on due date. This can also be emailed to you at the start of each week so you get a sort of weekly report on what's coming up this week.

A few things to think about, so hope that helps!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events