Using Butler to Create new lists

Derek Wehling December 6, 2019

Hello,

I am sure that I am doing something a little unorthodox and there is surely several other ways to do this, but I use Trello everyday to organize my daily tasks. I have a different list for every single day for about 30 days out. I add my work schedule and my home projects to this each day and rearrange them as my day evolves and archive them when finished.

It gets very monotonous to have to add new days at the end of my board each time. Can I use Butler to do this? I have been trying all day to create a rule that is something like, "when I archive a list, add a new list that is name today's date + 30 days.

Please help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2019

Hi 

You can create a board button which add a list named "{date+30d}".

With a business account, you can replace the button by a scheduled rule.

Derek Wehling December 7, 2019

Yes, thank you! Now I have two follow up questions.

1) How do I make that automatic? Either after every date passes (ideal) or after I archive a list, it makes a new one.

2) How do I make the date read something like "Thursday January 3"? I thought something like {datelong} would do it, but it still didn't include the day of the week.

Thank you so much!

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2019

1) 

As I said to fully automate, you need a business account.

For a standard account, either the trigger is you, you must act on the button every day, or you create a rule based on a card modification (when a special label or comment; a dummy card,... is added). 

2)

Regarding date formatting, see for details : 

https://help.trello.com/article/1159-arithmetic-in-date-variables

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events