Using Butler for board-wide find & replace

David Candlish July 5, 2020

I was surprised to find Trello does not have native find-and-replace text functionality and need to replace a few words across all cards in my entire board.  I googled the topic and found an old thread about using Butler bot to do this - which I gather is now part of trello - but while the topic confirmed it could be done it gave no clue how to do it.

I’ve tried to do it but can’t find any relevant actions within Butler to do it.  Can anyone help or suggest a guide?

Must admit I Was surprised to see simple text find and replace wasn’t present in a product like trello when it has been around since Windows 3.1 :) so if I’m being thick and missing the option within trello please do help!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2020

So I don't know how to do it exactly, but this would work IF the text only appears once in the description? Haven't tested it, but might put you on some better leads? Then delete TempList and it seems this method would cover card names and customfields as well by fiddling with the filter

image.png

David Candlish July 7, 2020

Thanks but not really what I am looking for.  I’m going to stop using Trello for anything other than very high level card management, anything requiring detail or content will be in another tool I can link into the Trello card.

Any plans to include find/replace in the core product?

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

Just a regular user, so no idea :P

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events