Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users in Workspaces vs. Boards (free account vs. standard)

Aaryaman _Sunny_ Singhal January 17, 2022

Hi all, 

1. I'm trying to understand what I can do with a free license. My understanding is that I can have one workspace, and that workspace can have 10 boards. Everyone I invite into trello, will then have access to all of the boards in that workspace, even if they only need to be part of 1 and that all of those invitations will be free. Is that right? 

2. If I get the standard license, then I could have one workspace with unlimited boards. I can then invite people into Trello as single-board guests, or onto multiple boards. If someone is on one board as a single-board guest, it is free. If they are on multiple boards, then they are part of the monthly fee. Is that right? 

3. I'm also curious about what the workspace command runs are and how much use it would take to reach 250/month. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Aaryaman _Sunny_ Singhal ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! Some great questions, I'll try to take them point by point below for you...

1. On a free license one Workspace can contain a maximum of 10 boards, however, you can create more workspaces they are just all capped at 10 boards. If you invite members to a board then it remains as just that board but if you invite members to a workspace then yes they'll be able to view all boards in the workspace. Additionally, all Workspace members are equal, which means that everybody can invite other members to join the Workspace, edit the Workspace profile and change some settings of this collaboration space you all share.
  2. That's correct, a board member who is on two or more Standard or Premium Workspace boards is a multi-board guest of that Workspace. Multi-board guests are billed at the same rate as a normal Workspace member and consume a seat license.
  3. It depends on how many automations you are likely to use, if these automations happen daily or weekly, how many people on the board is using them etc. As an individual 250 would probably be okay but if there is a team of you all using different automations on the workspace then it will likely be depleted quicker. 

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Aaryaman _Sunny_ Singhal January 18, 2022

Thank you!

Bridge to Health August 17, 2022

How many boards per workspace on the premium plan?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events