Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User permissions

Malvika Baru May 4, 2023

Question 1

How do I limit access/rights of users/members on my board from moving any card anywhere?

I want interactivity only in a few lists on the board (not all lists). I want certain lists to have restricted access (only admins can make changes to them so that they act only as informative sections).

Question 2

Also, in the other lists, I want members/observers to be able to move or comment on cards and not delete them.

Also, members and observers should not be able to play with list titles.

Question 3

Also, there's must be a way to customize list headers with an image or detailed description. I am unable to find all these functionalities.

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Question 1

How do I limit access/rights of users/members on my board from moving any card anywhere?

I want interactivity only in a few lists on the board (not all lists). I want certain lists to have restricted access (only admins can make changes to them so that they act only as informative sections).

The control of this by role is very limited.  Observers can't do anything and board Members/guest can pretty much do everything.

You can use automation to retrospectively undo things members shouldn't have. Example:

"When a card is moved into list by anyone other than me, move it back and post comment, "@username, please don't try and move that again"

Question 2

Also, in the other lists, I want members/observers to be able to move or comment on cards and not delete them.

Similarly

"When a card is archived by anyone other than me, unarchive the card and post comment, "@username, please don't try and move that again"

Also, members and observers should not be able to play with list titles.

You can't stop members renaming lists but you can make sure lists are named correctly by a scheduled command similar to below:

every day, rename list "#1" to "Listname 1", and rename list "#2" to "Listname 2"

The #1, #2 etc... are how to call lists by position...

Question 3

Also, there's must be a way to customize list headers with an image or detailed description. I am unable to find all these functionalities.

You can use card covers and a little automation trick to achieve this, please check my response in this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Can-Trello-please-finally-add-the-ability-to-color-lists/qaq-p/2326576 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events