Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use templates in Butler

Guy LaRochelle September 30, 2020

Hello

It's nice that Trello now has templates and the possibility to create cards via previously defined templates, but it would be even nicer if it was possible to use these templates in Butler actions.

So for example, every 25th of the month, I'd like to create a card from a template, place it in a specific board and list, with a due date.

Please consider adding this! Or perhaps it's already there and I can't see it?

2 answers

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2020

Great idea—Butler can't currently copy cards in scheduled commands, though you can do that in Rules, by first _finding_ the card via its link (https://help.trello.com/article/1193-butler-card-lookups) and then copying that card. Not quite the same but might still be helpful!

Guy LaRochelle October 2, 2020

Thanks but I'm not using Rules here... It needs to be in the scheduled commands.

Like Francois Hill likes this
Francisco J Sanchez Rodas August 27, 2021

Now I can use Butler to copy cards, or move, but. Do I can create cards from template?

Like Lars Mählmann likes this
0 votes
mcapitao June 15, 2022

Any update here? It would be extremely useful to be able to create a new card from a template in Butler

antonanton31 September 17, 2022

No updates :( It looks like no one needs this feature. But I know that it is needed!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events