Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Use templates in Butler

Hello

It's nice that Trello now has templates and the possibility to create cards via previously defined templates, but it would be even nicer if it was possible to use these templates in Butler actions.

So for example, every 25th of the month, I'd like to create a card from a template, place it in a specific board and list, with a due date.

Please consider adding this! Or perhaps it's already there and I can't see it?

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Atlassian Team Oct 02, 2020

Great idea—Butler can't currently copy cards in scheduled commands, though you can do that in Rules, by first _finding_ the card via its link (https://help.trello.com/article/1193-butler-card-lookups) and then copying that card. Not quite the same but might still be helpful!

Thanks but I'm not using Rules here... It needs to be in the scheduled commands.

Like Francois Hill likes this

Now I can use Butler to copy cards, or move, but. Do I can create cards from template?

Like Lars Mählmann likes this

Any update here? It would be extremely useful to be able to create a new card from a template in Butler

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,335 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you