It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use Trello Butler to identify next incomplete item in checklist

I am trying to use the Butler feature in Trello along with Custom Fields Power-Up to display the next "unchecked" item on a checklist on the front card so I can see it without opening the card.  

Currently I have the created the rule [when the "{checklistitemname}" item is checked by me, set custom field "Next Activity" to "{checklistitemname}"]

The problem is this rule will display the checklist item that I just marked as complete. I am looking for a variable or way to indicate that the "Next Activity" should be set to whatever the next incomplete is on the checklist for that item. 

Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

Hi, 

there is a way, but it involves 2 constraints.

- items must be converted into linked cards.

- items must be ordered in reverse in the checklist (the first item at the last position and the last at the first position in the checklist). 

Still interested ?

the continuation here...

when an item is checked, for each card linked from an incomplete item in checklist "{checklistname}", find the first card linked in the attachments, and set custom field "Next Activity" to "{multipliercardname}"

Thank you for that information. I will just manually type in the next activity since that seems less inconvenient than working within the constraints listed above. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,627 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you