Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload card attachment to google drive

Peter Toth April 25, 2019

Hi :),

is it possible to upload card attachment easily to google drive? Goole Drive power up allows attach existing document on google drive to trello card but I need to do it in other way.

Thank you :)

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

@Peter Toth You just have to download and upload it, or save the file to your local Google Drive folder.

Here's a Trellinator command that will download any file/link attached to a card to Google Drive and replace it with the Drive link:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/b500f5a367480fb258464f259df61eeb

You'd probably want to make it only process certain files thought by extension (eg. PDF, JPG, PNG etc.)

You can see how to set up Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Aaron Cartterfield January 8, 2020

Iain,

Any chance you could help me get this to work. I managed to get both of your introduction scripts to work. I have very little experience with this. I copy and pasted this just like I did the "Something more interesting" scripts from your wonderful introduction piece. I then re-ran the initialization. I have started to dive into the other tutorials you offer but I find myself in over my head.

Any help you could offer me?

To be clear I am looking to upload attachment files directly into the linked Drive folder.

Thanks,

Aaron

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2020

@Aaron Cartterfield after you paste the code in and redeploy the web app, you need to enable the function but putting the function name into either the global commands or into a specific board sheet

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events