Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from free to standard and how billing works

Tosin Fagbemi April 21, 2022

1. There are 10 boards in my workspace and I want to upgrade from free to the standard plan, also, there is at least 60 guest on each board. Will all the guests on each board be charged as well when upgrading, or just workspace members and multi-board guests?

2. If I add a new guest member after upgrading to the standard plan, will I be charged? (I read an article on this but am confused as to if the charges apply if the person is a guest or a workspace member).

Attached below is one of the board's members' list

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 11.12.36.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Tosin Fagbemi, welcome!

The workspace members and multi-board guests will be charged for a license when you upgrade and you'll see a quote for all of those billable members on your workspace's Billing page. You can also click on the Guests link on the Members tab to see all your current single and multi-board guests to get an idea of how many people you'd need to pay for.

Single-board guests (people who are not workspace members and are invited to just 1 board) are not charged because they're considered a non-billable user.

Adding a new workspace member or converting a single-board guest into a multi-board guest, by inviting an individual to at least two boards at once, will charge your credit card for a pro-rated license cost. That cost is based on the amount of time left in your current subscription. 

To relate this back to your use case, if each of your boards have 60 unique guests invited to them, they'll be free and no charge. If one or more of those guests has been invited to at least 2 boards in your Standard workspace they're now billable and you'll have to pay a license for their access. Once they've been paid for you can invite that person to as many boards in that workspace as you'd like, or make them a workspace member at no additional charge. You can also remove them from all boards entirely and give that license to someone else at no additional charge.

Trello shows a popup that lets you know that someone will become billable before you invite them, so it hopefully that should help prevent any surprise charges! Hope this helped.

Tosin Fagbemi April 22, 2022

Perfect answer. Thanks, Artemis

Like Artemis likes this
0 votes
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2022

You are only charged for workspace members and multi-board guests. Single-board guests will continue to be "free." Hopefully this article makes it more clear. 

Billable guest: A board member who is on two or more Standard or Premium Workspace boards is a multi-board guest of that Workspace. Multi-board guests are billed at the same rate as a normal Workspace member and consume a seat license.

Tosin Fagbemi April 22, 2022

Thanks, Andrea, the article was helpful

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events