Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Business Membership

Dorothy Salvatori June 13, 2020

How do I upgrade from a free account to the next level up?  Can I do this from within my free account?

2 answers

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Hi @Dorothy Salvatori 

When you say the next level, do you mean Trello Gold or Trello Business Class?

There are different processes depending on which level you want to go up to, and Gold and BC have different costs and things that they offer.

E.g. Gold offers 3 PowerUps per board, BC is unlimited; they both offer larger attachments to cards.

If you want to upgrade to Gold, you can do this within the app on your phone. Last time I did this was over a year ago, so my information might not be current, but last time I tried, I did it on my phone,

To upgrade to BC, you first have to create a team, because it's the team that gets upgraded, not the individual. Be aware, if you have 4 members of the team when you upgrade to BC, you will be charged 4 times the annual payment. I have BC and for over a year it was just me, and I paid the $9.99 per user per month on the annual plan (https://trello.com/en-GB/pricing), then when I added my husband to the team, this figure doubled. So just be aware of that. You can totally use BC on your own, I initially upgraded because I wanted the increase in file attachment size, and increased Butler commands, so you don't have to use it as part of a 'team' but you have to upgrade the Team, even if it's just you, you have to have the Team set up first!

It's a bit complicated! Please come back to me if I haven't explained things properly!

Esme :)

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events