cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a checklist due date to auto update associated card

patty.decarli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 31, 2023

Hello,

If I have my card as an item in another card's checklist, is there a way to have that card's due date auto-updated when the checklist item (in the other card)'s due date is updated? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2023

@patty.decarli 

There is no trigger for checklist item due date when it is updated such that you can use it as the trigger event for your automation. If you are using webhook, there is an event you can intercept. This will involve the use of Trello api. 

patty.decarli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 31, 2023

Thank you!

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2023

There's not a trigger for watching if the date changes, but there's a trigger for watching if a checklist item's due date is set.

image.png

I think you might be able to use that to find the card and then use an action to set the due date on the card, but you can't access the item due date, so i'm not sure how you'd be able to set it on the following card. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events