Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update due date on linked card using Butler

Anders September 11, 2020

Hi

When updating a  cards due date I want to update the linked card's due date to the same date + 3 days.

I guess Butler is right for the job.

I've got this far.

butler.PNG

I think the steps are.

Trigger: on set due date

Action:

Step1: find linked card

Step2: set the same due date on the linked card as first card (can't accomplish this one)

Step3: add 3 days to due date

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2020

@Anders it's a bit hacky but you have to do it via a custom field:

when a due date is set on a card, find the first card linked in the attachments, set custom field "Due" to "{triggercardduedate}", and set due on the date in custom field "Due" plus 3 days
Anders September 13, 2020

Thanks @Iain Dooley  I'm still having issues. This is what my rule look like now:

when a due date is set on a card by anyone, find the first card linked in the attachments, set custom field "Due" to "{triggercardduedate}", and set due on the date in custom field "Due" plus 3 days

The rule is enabled. I've tested that the link is correct by just setting due date to now and that works. But my query doesn't work. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2020

@Anders maybe check the usage log to see if there are any errors, I just created this rule afresh and it works fine:

when a due date is set on a card, find the first card linked in the attachments, set custom field "Due" to "{triggercardduedate}", and set due on the date in custom field "Due" plus 3 days

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events