cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Trello Card Template & Push the new Templates to all cards that use it

Marko Horvatic May 17, 2021

Hi,

Looking for some help.

I would like to create card template with form fields and use it.

However, the nature of the project is that we will need to make changes to this template and we would need to push the changed template to all existing cards in a board (without losing the data). 

Is this somehow possible?

thanks, Marko

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

@Marko Horvatic custom fields are managed at the board level, so when you change the custom fields the change will be reflected on all cards on the board. If you have custom field default values set on your template card obviously those won't change on cards. So it sounds like Trello already does what you need.

0 votes
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Marko Horvatic ,

thanks for reaching out! With Custom Fields I would recommend you to create a Master Board and then copy that. When moving Cards between them it will work.

As far as I know there is no solution for changing in one place Custom Fields and then change them all in all your boards. Unless you use the last version of Crmble Fields that comes with Crmble Power-Up . Our new release will allow you to manage Crmble Fields accross boards if they belong to the same Crmble Team.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Toni

John Cromer September 17, 2021

The problem is I would like to apply a template to cards to improve the front of the card appearance. But if I am creating my cards via Zapier, I cannot apply a template during card creation. So I don't see how I can use card templates when creating the card from zapier. Being able to apply a template to a card would be a great feature, especially as a board-level butler button. But I do not believe it is possible at this time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events