It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Update Title of multiple cards

Deleted user Feb 04, 2019

I have created 2 boards with similar cards. I want to now view them in CALENDAR or PLANYWAY. The cards have labels (colours) to highlight the internal team assigned to a task. When we tried either power-up, since the cards were quite similar, we realised we should have pre-fixed the titles (all you can see in either power-up) with a more specific title such as ProjA or ProjB.

Is there a way to add the preifx for all titles in a board without having to open each card? So a mass update of the title line only?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Feb 04, 2019

@[deleted] you can see labels in the calendar power up, I'm not sure about Planyway, I haven't used it.

To answer your question there is no bulk update with the API. Are you already a Butler user? If so the Butler command is:

for each card set name to "prefix: {multipliercardname}"

If you aren't already a Butler user you won't be able to create a new account currently as they are integrating it following acquisition.

You could also do this with Trellinator using the following code:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/02330e1dc0c095dad9eaee817e69a1f8

Trellinator setup instructions are here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,616 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you