Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Tello card with new e-mail

Frank Zdunek January 23, 2019

Hi,

is it possible to update an existing Trello card with a newly sent e-mail that has the same subject?
(but other content / text)

Or do you have to install a power-up for this?
Scope is: the updating of maps by e-mail.

Thanks

Frank

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Hi @Frank Zdunek yes it is possible to update an existing Trello card, check out this awesome article that explains all the steps perfectly. 

https://blog.trello.com/how-to-create-trello-cards-from-email

There is a unique email address for each board and each card, so if you forward the email to the cards unique address (found under share in menu of card), the information will be updated on the card.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2019

Hi @Frank Zdunek did this resolve your question?
Thanks,

Jodi

Frank Zdunek January 25, 2019

Yes, thank you.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2019

Perfect thanks for letting me know @Frank Zdunek that my answer resolved your question.

Have a great day,

Jodi

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

@Frank Zdunek if you're using Gmail and want to map threads to cards, the integration I wrote Benko Board does this:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

It's a direct integration between Gmail and Trello, so new emails on the same thread are added to the existing card as comments.

Frank Zdunek January 25, 2019

Hi Iain,

thank you. I will try it. Gmail ist not the favotite, but ....

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events