Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Features of Trello

Janmi Perera March 21, 2023

Hi, I am a new user of Trello. Can I know how Trello stands out against other similar platforms like MS Planner, Asana, Monday.com?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Janmi Perera I am a Trello obsessive but also an independent consultant for business software solutions so I do have experience using pretty much every productivity tool out there.

I'll start with MSPlanner....Don't even waste your time.  I don't think Microsoft know what they want it to be.

Asana, monday.com, ClickUp all worthy rivals to Trello and they do have some advantages over Trello.  It isn't as clear cut as 1 being better than the other, they all have a place and it often comes down to being the best fit for the needs of a business or individual.  

Being completely honest, I have had several clients tend to migrate from Trello to Monday.com so I have to slightly disagree with Monday being closer to Jira. People are tending to make that shift because it operates more like a database than Trello does.  It is particularly strong with Sales, CRM and eCommerce.

Having said that, these are the standout features that keeps me loving Trello and also the competition doesn't have:

• Absolute simplicity (its a whiteboard and post-its)
  • Complete freedom (you can build pretty much whatever you want to your needs in Trello)
  • An unrivalled automation engine.  I haven't used any comparable solution to Trello that comes even close when it comes to automation capability

Remember, the software should work for you or your business, not the other way round.  If you want to give a bit of information about what you are aiming to achieve and what problems you are looking to solve, I will happily advise on whether I think Trello is a good fit 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

@Janmi Perera Welcome to the Atlassian community

I would suggest using a site like G2 to compare all of the platforms together so you can see all the pros and cons.  I think Trello competes more with Asana and MS planner.  Monday is closer to what Jira does.

Janmi Perera March 21, 2023

Thanks @Brant Schroeder this helps!

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events