It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unarchive all items in a list?

I've been sending items in my workflow to a "done" list, and then archiving the items at the end of the week.

I'd like to look back at the last year of accomplished items. Is there a way to unarchive all the items archived in a specific list? 

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Howard Greenstein 

While I might not have a solution for the issue at the moment, I have implemented a solution on my own boards to get around this.

Rather than archiving cards, I send them to a specific list on my board called (unsurprisingly) Archive, then once a month I rename it to Archive Feb 20 (etc.) then move the Archive list to the 2020 archive board and create a blank Archive list where the old one was. I do all this within Butler, so it automates every month.

Please let me know if this is something that you think would be useful and I can see how I can help further!

Esme :)

Thank you, this is a very good strategy and I appreciate the answer!

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
0 votes
Ryan Atlassian Team Feb 21, 2020

Hi Howard,

If you have archived the cards individually, then you can find them in the board menu under Archived Items to restore them back to your board.

It isn't possible to restore these in bulk, but for the future, it might make sense for you to archive lists rather than the individuals cards. This will remove the list including the cards and archive it. Then if you want to view them again, you can simply restore the list, which will bring all of the cards with it.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

This is not the answer I need. The items don't say from which list they were archived, so the only solution you're proposing is to Un-Archive everything to figure out which ones were in my done board? 

Esme Crutchley Community Leader Feb 22, 2020

Hi @Howard Greenstein 

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, you're mostly right. When you un-archive a card it will go into the list you archived it from, so while you have to unarchive all cards, you will be able to see which ones end up back in the 'done' list pretty swiftly :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you