Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load Slack Conversation

James Wang July 19, 2019

In certain boards, Slack attachments that I add to cards show up with the message:

"Unable to load message details. Open Slack Archives"

Is there a reason this message pops up (somewhat randomly)? It always jumps to the right conversation when I click on "Open Slack Archives."

2 answers

1 vote
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2019

Hey @James Wang do some other Slack messages you have attached show directly? While I can't say exactly what might be the cause, it sounds like it may have to do with the permissions of that channel.

Are those messages located in a private channel, or one that's been archived?

James Wang July 24, 2019

Hey @Garrett, they are in private channels (not archived), but I’ve pulled plenty of conversations from the same channel in another board and it seems to work fine.

The main thing is I’m just kind of confused as to the inconsistency and can’t figure out what might be the cause. Are there permissions per board => account/channel?

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2019

Hrmm that's interesting, James!

Would you mind if we moved this conversation over to email so we can grab some more info and loop in our team to take a closer look please?

Just reach out at https://trello.com/contact if that's alright with you!

Jonathan R May 5, 2020

I am seeing the same error-message when I'm trying to attach a Slack-Conversation from a private channel. Was there ever a resolution to this question?

@Garrett Is it possible that this isn't supported in the Trello-Integration at all?

Andras Patyi June 4, 2020

We are having the same issue, attaching a conversation works fine from channels, however from direct messaging it's bringing up the 'Unable to load message details' error.

Was there a solution for this?

Jared Seehafer June 9, 2020

Likewise, having the same issue. Channels work fine. DMs fail. 

Joshua Crigger September 14, 2020

Me and two other colleagues are facing the same thing. I'm new to using slack and Trello together so this has never worked for me when trying to pull convos from private channels into slack. A colleague was able to do this up until a few days ago.

We've been going back and forth with the Trello support team via case TRELLO-8779 without much luck. This seems to be a permission issue. Anyone find resolution?!?

0 votes
Otavio Oliveira May 9, 2022

I am also facing the same issue. When attaching a conversation from a private slack channel. It does jump to the conversation when I click the archive link. 

In the end, what was the solution? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events