• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to invite new users without creating a team

I've created a new Trello board as usual, but can't seem to invite new users without being forced to create a team - I don't want to make a team, I just want to add users like I am able to do with any of my other boards.

When I click 'Invite', I get this message:

It's time for a team.

Teams make collaboration easier. To invite people to this board, add it to a team.

Usually I get the 'Invite to Board' message, which is what I want. How can I rectify this?

It's currently part of the 'personal' board (i.e. no team). I can't seem to change this. Other boards show 'Add to team', where 'personal' is shown on the problem board.

1 answer

0 votes

We are moving to a model where you can think of Teams as Workspaces and all boards will be in a Workspace. There are a lot of small changes we need to make (and some big ones) to get there but you can imagine the end state as all boards are in a Workspace (and a Workspace is essentially what we call a Team today). 

One of these changes is that you will be prompted to put your board into a Team if you are collaborating with other people. (It’s rolling out in stages)

Once you put this board in a team, it will act the same way as before.

Lars St I'm New Here Nov 02, 2020

Hello Mr. Pryor,

I have the same problem as Mark C. I bought a paid subscription from trello. I use a lot of boards to which I only invited 2 or 3 users. These are mostly external suppliers. These 2 or 3 users are always different users. That means I have a board for every external supplier. Naturally, this means that 2 or 3 other users are always invited to each board - i.e. the respective employees of the supplier.

In the past it was very easy for me to invite these 2 or 3 users using the "invite" function with their Atavar or their email address. Now should I create a team every time? That is completely impractical! That would mean that I have to create a separate, new team for each board that I create for an external supplier. As a result, I would always have to create a separate team for each (!) individual supplier.

I would then have as many teams as external suppliers. That is not at all (!) economical and costs far too much time and also makes the list of teams completely confusing. I urgently ask for a solution how I can directly invite the users for "small" boards - WITHOUT having to always create a new team. Please modify.

Thank you for the help and implementation.

Best regards, Lars-Geest

Thanks for your thoughts. You do not need to make a new team for each supplier. You can continue to invite 2 or 3 users directly to your board. 

The board has to be in a team/workspace. Other than that you do not need to change anything else. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

814 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you