Unable to create a board (active incident?)

Greg Williams April 19, 2021

We have users unable to create Trello boards.

There is an active incident with Trello and other products but it's not been updated in several hours (which in itself is unusual) and I'm not sure if this is related to the incident. The incident references users getting logged out inadvertently. 

My users and I have all attempted to create a board on Trello, private and public, blank and with templates. We get errors that the board cannot be created, or clicking the "create" button does nothing.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? 
Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hey @Greg Williams,

Sorry for the confusion with that incident you're seeing. The team is aware of its still-investigating status, and they'll be posting updates as soon as they're available.

Re: that board creation trouble, that definitely shouldn't be related, and we aren't seeing any other reports of that currently.

To do a bit more digging, would you mind trying that creation behavior once more, but do so with your browser console open?

If you see any errors, pass those along and we can take a closer look!

Greg Williams April 21, 2021

Thanks Garrett. I opened a Trello ticket, I can send it to you if you want to look it over.

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2021

Thanks Greg! It looks like my team member got back to you on the reason for that trouble.

If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to follow up here or in the ticket!

Greg Williams April 22, 2021

Correct, Garrett, and that looks to be the issue.

For the record:
I checked your account and can see you're not a member on any workspace currently. With a recent change brought to Trello, it's no longer possible to create board outside of a workspace (formerly team).
Before you can create new boards, you'll need to create a workspace or get invited to one. You can create one from the + icon in the top right corner.
Once your workspace has been created, you'll be able to create new boards on it (limit of 10 open boards on free workspace).

Let's mark this as resolved. Thanks!

Like Garrett likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events