Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT. A card was accidently deleted from my trello board. How do I retrieve it?

Shikakope
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2022

A card from my board was deleted by someone I gave access to. Please help me retrieve it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

@Shikakope was it deleted or archived? if it was simply archived, which is most common, you can retrieve it by going to "Show Menu" in the top right corner of your board, then selecting the "More" option, then "Archived items". You should see it in that list, or you can search for it in the search bar, and then click "Send to board". 

If it was actually deleted (you have to archive a card first and THEN delete it, so it's a two step process to be sure you actually want to delete it), it is unfortunately gone. If you're worried about this happening regularly, you might want to get Backups for Trello power-up, which would let you "rewind" your board back to a previous state, even if someone does actually delete a card, although I know that probably doesn't help this time.

Shikakope
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 7, 2022

This was very helpful. Turns out the card was archived, not deleted.

I appreciate the prompt support.

Like Aderonke Sofowora likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

@Shikakope woohoo! glad to hear that. yeah Trello intentionally makes it hard to "delete" things. Even boards - they're closed first, and then you have to take a second step to actually delete them. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events