Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two-factor authentication (2FA) error

Willian K April 16, 2022
Greetings. After everything changed to Atlassian, I can't access my Trello account anymore, I even got the passwords, but it asks for two-factor authentication (I successfully activated and deactivated it in the Jira account), but in Trello it doesn't work. I have some code annotated for account recovery; none of them work for Trello :(

1 answer

0 votes
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi, 

I checked your account, you have 2FA on Trello's side.

When you first set up 2-factor authentication, you were given a set of backup codes, which are the primary recovery method for your account—do you still have a copy of these somewhere? If so, you can enter one of those codes to get back into your account and change the phone number.

If you no longer have access to your backup codes, then I'm afraid it won't be possible to regain access to that account or delete it. I can understand that's a frustrating answer, but for some context, 2FA is designed to protect against scenarios exactly like this. Many social engineering attacks happen when a bad actor gains access to a target's email inbox, and is then able to convince associated services to remove the 2FA protection that was placed on the account or even to delete the account, compromising the data.

We invite you to use or open a different account. If you'd like I can free up the primary email address registered in the account, so you can use it to open a new Trello account. Any boards or content of the previous account would however not be accessible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events