Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two factor Authentication issue

Rahul Saini September 16, 2018

I had enabled Two factor Authentiation with Google Authenticator used for generating Trello Passcode. Issue is that my mobile stopped working and I had to purchase a new smartphone. I was thinking Google Authenticator would display earlier registered Trello Account for passcode but it started afresh asking for accounts to add for 2 factor Auth. Now since I have 2 factor enabled for my Trello account, I am basically locked out as after login password Trello repeatedy everywhere asks for 2 factor code after login and password but since I cannot provide any I cannot go further. Is there any way I can for a scan QR Code or Provider key for my Trello account to add to Google ?

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2018

In general, you can always use the backup codes to log back into your account and set up the new device for authentication. If you have any issues, please reach out to our support team via trello.com/contact.

Rahul Saini September 23, 2018

I do not see any option to use backup codes after I login to trello using my username and password. I see only 2FA code prompt. see screenshot. Besides I have misplaced my backup codes. What I am asking for is that is there a link which can take me to scan a QR code to re-register Trello app with Google Autheticator again ? There should be such link after login and if 2FA is enabled for a account.

Screen Shot 09-23-18 at 02.47 PM.PNG

Rahul Saini September 23, 2018

I would not have cared about this account and created a new one but I have some very good Trello boards created with this account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events