Trying to have an action that triggers when there are no members on a card

garbis.jk January 24, 2022

I've been trying to automate my Trello board lately, and I need to setup a rule that triggers whenever there are no members on the card. There are options to trigger an action when one member is removed. But none to check if they all have been removed.

If anyone has a solution, please share it to me !

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
garbis.jk January 31, 2022

For anyone that has the same needs as I did, you need to create a trigger like this : "when someone is removed from a card assigned only to anyone", by using the advanced options.

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @garbis.jk ! Welcome to the community :) I had a poke around and couldn't find a trigger that said: "when all members are removed from a card". You have the trigger "when a card not assigned to anyone is added to the board", but I'm not sure that'll do what you want.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Are you just wanting to be notified when there are cards on the board without members? If so, maybe a schedule command would make sense. You could set up a command that sends you a quick report every day/every week/etc. of all the cards on the board without members. This could be sent as an email to your inbox, or a slack message. 

So your command could look something like this:

every day, create a report with all cards not assigned to anyone using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink})", and send an email notification to "hannah@simplaworkflows.com" with subject "Unassigned cards" and message "{$report}"
garbis.jk January 31, 2022

So I tried different things and the trigger that ended up working was : "when someone is removed from a card assigned only to anyone, [action]". That way, when someone is removed from a card, the rule checks if there was only one person assigned to that card, and if it's the case, it triggers the action that I want to follow.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2022

Oh, nice one! Not the most intuitive, but does the trick! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events