Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find a way to insert multiple cards into one card

Jason knight May 10, 2023

Hi

I'm trying to find a way to attach multiple cards into one card.  Here is an example of why i need to do this and what i'm trying to do.

I have a tractor in my shop that has multiple problem with it.  the main card is the tractor in the shop but i need a separate card for each of the problems with the tractor.  the reason i need this is that each problem might get billed to a separate party, the customer / warranty / or internal.  i need the pictures that i have attached to the card to be separated depending on which problem they pertain to.

I've thought alot about how to make it work and i'm not coming up with anything.  If anybody has any ideas i would love to hear them.  I'm not familiar with alot of the powerups that are available to me yet, I'm very new to the trello premium world.

Thanks for your time.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

I would collect these as linked cards in a checklist:

Have a card per tractor.

In that card, have a checklist called Jobs (or anything you want to call it)

when you have a new job come in, type it into the Jobs checklist.  

Automation will convert that into a linked card

when an item is added to checklist "Jobs", convert the item to a linked card in list "Jobs"

so where do those linked cards stay?  I just don't want to have a ton of cards for that one piece of machinery. can i hide them somewhere and have them only accessible from the main unit card?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

The linked cards will be part of the list, the same as the main card.

Trello simply doesn't have the functionality you are looking for here, you need something a bit more Jira-like - something that does have a hierarchy.

wonder if i could have a separate board that those cards can go to so they are not on the main list and just have them attached to the main card?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

Yes you can by adding to the end of the automation  "and move to board [enteryourboardnamehere]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events