Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello won't send emails due to being marked as spam

Ops Bot April 19, 2022

Our boards regularly send out email notifications to our customers when certain checklist items are completed.  Recently I have two customers who the systems states "The email was not sent because the recipient reported a previous email as spam or abuse".

I have reached out to the customers in question and they have both whitelisted the email address used to send the notifications but we still get the error.  Does anyone know of anyway to clear this from the system so it can send emails again?

email error.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Butler has a spam reporting system internally. Your customer likely clicked a link in the footer of a Butler-sent email and unsubscribed/blocked their email address from receiving emails from Butler.

They should be able to undo this by clicking that same link in an old email from @trellobutler.com

Simon Robert January 25, 2023

Hi, one of my user clicked on the link in the footer of a Butler-sent email and unsubscribed/blocked his email address from receiving emails from Butler.

As the email as been deleted since, is there another way for him to undo it ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events