Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello with Butler: Automatically checking an item when card is moved to "Finished" list

Shannon Cavey September 23, 2019

When an item is created under a checklist titled "Steps," then a linked card is created under my "To Do" list. 

I'm trying to create the rule that when the card is moved to my "Finished" list, the associated item in the checklist will be checked off. But nothing is working. I've tried this rule:

when a card is moved into list "Finished!", find a card with link "{triggercardlink}", and check item "{triggercardlink}"

I've also tried:

when a card is moved into list "Finished!", for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardlink}"

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

@Shannon Cavey this one should work:

when a card is moved into list "Finished!", for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardlink}"

Things that may break it are if the "parent" card isn't linked from the attachments of the "child" card, and if the checklist item name doesn't match the link. To debug, maybe try something like:

when a card is moved into list "Finished!", for each card linked in the attachments, post comment "{triggercardlink}"

then see if the comment shows up and compare the comment text to the text in the checklist item

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events