Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Trello will not let me create new boards

Melissa O'Neal May 20, 2022

After I type in the board title to create a new board, the "create" button is not available. I also have tried "start with template" and no success there either. Suggestions?

I believe my account is through the university, so I'm not sure if I have a free or paid account. I do not see any options to upgrade to premium, which makes me think this account is premium. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi @Melissa O_Neal šŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear you're having problems creating a new board, Trello's guidance on this is:

If you are unable to create, move, or copy a board, it's likely because you do not have permission to do so in your existing Premium or Enterprise Workspace(s), and/or your free Workspace(s) have reached their board limits.

In the first instances I would look at the two possibilities below...

Workspace Restrictions on Board Creation

On Premium and Enterprise Workspaces, Workspace admins have the ability to restrict whether members can create, as well as copy or move, boards within a Workspace. You can contact a Workspace admin to learn more. Workspace admins are listed in the ā€œMembersā€ tab in the Workspace Overview page on the web.

Boards Limits for Free Workspaces

A free Trello Workspace has a limit of 10 boards open at a time. When a board is open, it can be viewed and used - when a board is closed, itā€™s essentially archived. Closed boards can be reopened, as long as there is space for them in the 10-boards limit.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away šŸ˜ƒ

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Melissa O'Neal May 20, 2022

Screenshot 2022-05-20 111312.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events