Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello version 2.13.1-438 is not working on macos sierra 10.12.6

Hulusi Neci March 22, 2022

The new update in trello (2.13.1-438) has some serious bugs. You cannot move,open, edit cards. The list does not load properly for minutes. The software freezes and does not respond to any action. The problem continues even after restart. I can only use trello on my android but not on my mac.

By the way the other issue is that the previous version was forcing the cpu increadibly. The fan runs like an electric heater. When I check the activity monitor it is seems like reason is the trello renderer. Even it works on background and I was doing nothing with it.

2 answers

0 votes
Hulusi Neci March 22, 2022

Thank you for your reply. The same amount of cards works pretty fluid on my anroid. And I had no problem with the previous version. Why the older version can handle multiple card but never can not? By the way it is just text. Not image or video. Twitter can handle millions of entry as a list why trello can not?

0 votes
mistepanek March 22, 2022

Hi, maybe you are facing similar issue like me: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Trello-stopped-working-when-a-Column-with-many-cards-is-there/qaq-p/1979481.

Try to check wheter some of your columns doesn't include too many cards. If so, archive the whole column and create a new one (if it's applicable for you. For me it was because it was "completed" list of cards).

Michal

Mike Brown April 17, 2022

I have this problem also in this version of Trello. I am running Mac OS Monterey.  If Trello is not hidden (Cmd-H), the 'Window Server' Process CPU time is high as well as the 'Trello Helper (Renderer)' process.  Each are 15-40% CPU

This happens even if I only have one small board open - 48 total cards, spread across 2 lists.  The small board is a little slow, but all other apps are starved for CPU, even if Trello is in the background, since it is still consuming significant CPU.

Hiding Trello 'CMD-H' drops the CPU significantly and these processes drop down to single digits CPU%

Lars Hellberg May 7, 2022

I have exactly the same problem (and cure) as Mike, though on Mac OS Mojave. The problem was there also in a previous version of Trello. I don't remember which but I updated to the present (2.13.1-438) but in vane.

/Lars

Niall O_Connor May 9, 2022

I have the same issue as Mike. I am also running Mac OS Monterey.  I have 4 boards open and Trello is running more Trello (Renderer) tasks than I have open boards. These are taking up a large amount of CPU time and causing the fan to run constantly.  Despite the amount of CPU in use, Trello runs very slowly.

If I hide one or more boards, the amount of CPU consumed by the hidden boards is signficantly reduced and the fan eventually drops down. NB This was not a problem until recently.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events