Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello to Atlassian migration

Tom Hesser
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2020

Hi,

A small team of us use Trello (free version) for some specific workflows, recently we began to get prompted to migrate our accounts to Atlassian. Since our company also uses Jira and Confluence, it recognizes our email addresses as part of the organization. If we complete the migration with our existing emails, is this going to affect our Atlassian billing or the way we access our boards?

Thank you!

3 answers

2 votes
ManuR
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2020

Hi Tom,

If your Atlassian organization doesn't have an Atlassian Access subscription then nothing will change billing wise as your Trello users won't become Jira or Confluence licensed users when they migrate.

Access to your boards will stay the same as the main thing that will change is the login flow (going through Atlassian instead of Trello after the migration).

If your organization has Atlassian Access on it, you may see some billing changes though.

All Trello users from your claimed domain that are not using up a license in Jira or Confluence (or any of the Atlassian Cloud products that is currently integrated with Access) will be counted as new billable users on your Access subscription once their account is migrated to an Atlassian account.

If the organization also has SSO enabled, then the Trello users will be redirected to your organization SSO portal when they try to log in on their account. 

0 votes
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2020

Hello Tom, 

In the article below, we can read that if you already used Trello in it's free version, then the billing will not be affected. The only thing that changes is that it is through your Atlassian Organization that all the Trello accounts will be managed. And you can give the ability to users who do not want their accounts to me managed by you organization, to change their company's email address to another one. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2020/02/managing-trello-accounts-from-your-organization?utm_source=alert-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=org-admins-trello-integration-2nd_EML-6468&jobid=104542079&subid=1411689191

I hope it will help. 

Thanks.
Boris

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2020

@Tom Hesser I've raised this with the atlassian team in their slack channel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events