Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello template cards - not working?

Mark Davies
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2022

If I create a card on a board, make it a template, and then click on the card template icon in any of the lists on that board, I should be offered that (and other) templates right?  instead I get the pop-up saying no templates/create a template...

what am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Mark Davies, card templates are per board instead of per account, and if you created a template card on "Board A" it should become available as an option immediately there, but you won't see it on "Board B".

I was able to reproduce your experience however, and it looks like there's a caching issue which isn't expected. After converting your existing card into a template, refresh your board and you should see the new card template show up in the template picker. You can also create a new template card directly from the template picker and that will make it show up immediately in the picker.

I'd also suggest reporting this bug directly to the Trello support team, just in case they don't see this thread. You can do that at http://www.trello.com/contact — pick "Using Trello" and "Report a bug" and send a link to this thread.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events