Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello team, with only 1 paying member

Bjarne Svensson May 1, 2019

Hello,

I have a small team - and we would love to start using Trello.

I have been a free member for a while now, and love the app (and finally convinced my boss to give it a go, but we are a small business, and cannot justify 10 bucks a month atm).

My question then becomes: if I´m the only paying member, and I setup every "automated/power-up" event (sort of an Trello board admin) - will my team still have full use of these things?

Say i setup 10 recurring events with Butler - will my freemium users still see all of them as intended, or only the 1st one that is free :?

Or if i add other power-ups - will i run into issues with being the only paying subscriber?
What issues will i run into as the business grows, and we add more teammates?

Hope i make sense

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

@Bjarne Svensson yes Butler automations will run as you, and it's your account that will have the usage limits etc.

You might be better off paying for a Gold user and running Butler as that account. If you create a business class team with one member, then you will have to pay for any members that are on more than one board even if they're not members of a team, and the Butler usage limits will apply to boards within that team, not for example personal boards that you create and then invite people to.

As for other power ups, yes you will have issues being the only paying subscriber depending on the power up. For example, the HelpScout power up needs to be authenticated for each HelpScout account, so you would have to distribute your API key.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events