Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello task list within a card - how do I mark a task as not applicable?

tracy morton June 8, 2020

I've got a templated task list within cards, but in some instances some of the tasks are not required.  How do I mark these tasks as 'not applicable'.  I could delete them, but I want to be able to look back and see that the user marked it as 'not applicable'. 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2020

Hi @tracy morton ðŸ‘‹ You can use emojis to "mark" a task in the checklist as not applicable. The ðŸš« emoji might do the job for you.

The only catch is if someone were to edit the task to add the emoji, the change doesn't show up in the card's activity. But if you'll click the checkbox to mark it as complete, then you'll see the task name with the emoji in your card's activity.

Let me know how this goes, or if you found a better option that works for you. ðŸ™‚

tracy morton June 10, 2020

Thanks Stef. I will try that out.  Great idea.

Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2020

No worries, Tracy. Always happy to help! 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

@tracy morton do you mean checklists? You could always just ask people to edit the checklist item and add "N/A" at the end :)

tracy morton June 10, 2020

OMG that's such a simple yet effective solution.  thank you

Like • Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events