Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello software enquiry - can it do this?

James Bradley September 16, 2022

I am looking for some support.

We have a design and manufacturing company and we are looking for a scheduling system that will work with what we have in place.

Our work is based on a repeatable 12 week cycle, we call this our 12 Week Planner. It works based on the end date of the project and breaks the entire project down into weekly steps with assigned responsibility for each task. We are looking for a scheduling platform that we can enter the information into once and then be able to continue to repeat the process for every job by just changing the end date and job number. We would like the software to then send out reminders to preassigned individuals. 

Can Trello do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

@James Bradley 

Using a set of template cards for recurring task is definitely possible. However, it is likely that scheduling will have to be done via http request to use  some code and Trello api since the days between and the sequence had to be considered and written into code or some lookup. 

I had a custom power up project to built this. It looks at all the linked cards on a checklist and set the dates are regular or custom intervals. 

James Bradley September 18, 2022

thank you for the response, I am not sure I understand what you mean by http request...

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events