Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello setup for multiple departments

Bruce Coward September 6, 2021

I want to setup a trello system so that my departments (sale, marketing, production, admin and development) can each be given seperate tasks from my Trello account and each dept will see their own to do / doing/ and done lists and I can see them all.

Is this one workspace for the company overall or seperate workspaces?

Can anyone give me a startup recommendation so I get the structure correct from day one please?

Cheers, Bruce

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

@Bruce Coward 

There are couple points to note.

A workspace can have 10 (free) or unlimited (eg standard, premium plans) boards. The entitlement such as automation quota, features like advanced checklist, custom field and various board views will be applicable to all the boards in the workspace.

Therefore it is possible for all departments to be in the same workspace but each department have their own boards. Members on a board will have access to all cards. For premium plan you can have concept of a observer. 
There are other specific considerations that I have not covered but I hope the above is helpful in some ways. 

Bruce Coward September 6, 2021

Thanks Milynnus.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events