Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Trello setup for multiple departments

I want to setup a trello system so that my departments (sale, marketing, production, admin and development) can each be given seperate tasks from my Trello account and each dept will see their own to do / doing/ and done lists and I can see them all.

Is this one workspace for the company overall or seperate workspaces?

Can anyone give me a startup recommendation so I get the structure correct from day one please?

Cheers, Bruce

1 answer

@Bruce Coward 

There are couple points to note.

A workspace can have 10 (free) or unlimited (eg standard, premium plans) boards. The entitlement such as automation quota, features like advanced checklist, custom field and various board views will be applicable to all the boards in the workspace.

Therefore it is possible for all departments to be in the same workspace but each department have their own boards. Members on a board will have access to all cards. For premium plan you can have concept of a observer. 
There are other specific considerations that I have not covered but I hope the above is helpful in some ways. 

Thanks Milynnus.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,343 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you