Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello reminder emails not being sent to members' individual emails

AdibM August 6, 2019

Hi,

I'm looking for something very simple (yet crucial) to happen: when I add someone as a member to a card, and then give that card a due date, I want that member to receive a reminder email to complete the task that card represents. This isn't happening—no matter what custom reminder time I pick, and regardless of whether the assignee is also "watching" the card. I did check my notification frequency settings, and they're set to instant. (And yes, in-app notifications work, but what I want are the email notifications to work consistently and reliably.)

I don't understand why this is happening. Can anyone help?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

@AdibM note also that if a notification is viewed on any other device, the email for that notification won't be sent. You could use a Butler command to add a member to a card then email all members of the card so that they will always receive an email regardless of their notification settings and whether they have read it elsewhere.

AdibM August 9, 2019

Thanks, Iain; I think this was the problem. I'll look into the Butler command as a possible solution. Appreciate the help!

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2019

Hey @AdibM 

While your email frequency is set to instant, that may not be the case for your team members. That frequency is set on a per-account basis, so I'd recommend having your team members check that their email setting is enabled as well.

If you notice they still aren't receiving those email notifications, please have them check if those are winding up in their spam folder. If they aren't found there, reach out to us at https://trello.com/contact with their email addresses, and we can take a closer look at our mail logs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events