Trello on a touch screen

We use SCRUM for various development projects, mostly from a regular whiteboard.  However, I have previously been very pleased with the ease-of.-use of trello when working in geographically dispersed teams, and now want to have the flexibility of merging things by gathering around a large touch screen in the office. 

However, I find that dragging cards between lists does not work at all.  Instead of moving a card, the entire view tries to scroll (e.g. left to right) as I attempt to drag. I found some old discussions of this issue (2014?) and was just wondering if there is a solution?  The problem seems to be agnostic to choice of browser.

1 answer

0 vote
Matthew N Community Champion Jun 13, 2017

Hey Jens!

Currently, the only "supported" touch screen capability is with the iOs and Android app version of Trello.  It may work hit-or-miss using a web browser, but it's not officilaly supported functionality.

I'd recommend submitting a feature request so they can know how many users really want the functionality, and potentially get supported soon!

sYou can submit a feautre request by sending an email to feature-ideas@trello.com.

Thanks Matt, wlthough not the answer I was hoping for .... :)

This is the nth time I've googled to see if this is done yet, and keep coming back to this post. Is there a feature idea for this that I can upvote?

My use-case is I have a touch-screen laptop and it would be great to be able to drag cards around.

Hrm... Maybe this could be solved with a tampermonkey script...

I have the exact same idea and was thinking of getting a touch screen monitor to mount on my wall for home project management using trello. I figure the touch screen is just an emulated mouse pointer that should do everything a mouse could. Guess it's not that easy. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 20, 2018 in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

14,305 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you