Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello notifications on comments ONLY

I want to get Trello notification emails ONLY when someone tags me in a comment, is this possible? There is so much card activity on our boards that it's hard to filter through all the other types of activity to see if someone needs something from me specifically.

3 answers

I have an ugly work around with Outlook

1. Set instant email notifications

2. Set a rule in outlook to send ALL notifications to a folder

3. Set a rule to send only the ones about comments or where you are mentioned to your inbox. You need to say: if message is from Trello and body contains "commented on the car" OR "mentioned you", send it to my inbox.

So you just get the comments there.

Capture1234.JPG

I also need this functionality.

0 votes
Garrett Atlassian Team Nov 04, 2019

There isn't a way to do that currently, Holley, but I'll for sure let our team know about your interest in an option for that.

You could explore un-watching some cards or lists to reduce the overall number of notifications you receive in the meantime. You can see a full breakdown of what notifications will be sent in Trello here:

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

I hope that helps!

Deleted user Jul 27, 2020

Have you made any progress on this suggestion as I am desperate to reduce my notifications, and only want to see what I'm personally tagged in.

Many thanks

Claire

Hi, any progress on this topic? Is really annoyed to receive all notifications.

@Rafaella SantosI set up the email rules like @Uge posted above (in gmail). It's actually been working fantastically. Here's a screenshot of all the filters I created to make it happen. I have one person I wanted to know when they added me to a card so I have a couple that are specific to one person. But now I don't have to deal with all of the move, archive, etc. type of alerts but I do get the one's I need to see.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 10.17.43 AM.jpg

Like Rafaella Santos likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

3,638 views 25 63
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you