Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello not automatically syncing with google calendar

FierceNinja June 1, 2019

Trello is not syncing with google calendar and I have to manually get a new URL export link every time if I want to sync it:

I added Trello calendar powerup to my trello boards.  I went to Trello calendar and under settings, got the link so I could import it to Google calendar.

Then I went to Google calendar and using "add other calendars", imported the URL Trello supplied.  Trello calendar got imported and I could see the events created so far in Trello.  Yay! so far.

Now I went back to Trello and created a new task with due date.  Unfortunately, google calendar didn't show the new event.  However, when I once again went through the earlier steps of manually getting a new import link from Trello calendar settings and importing again into google (after removing the previous calendar import from google), the new task with the due date showed up. 

Does this mean I have to manually do this step every so often if I want to see the new Trello tasks in my google calendar?  Sounds very inconvenient.  I hope I am doing something wrong and someone here has an idea what I should do.  Could you please help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Unfortunately, Calendar apps like Google Calendar can be pretty slow to update subscribed calendars. Sometimes they only ping the feed once per day, which could mean that you'd see updates only several hours after the change in Trello is made.

This is however determined by the app reading the feed, rather than by Trello. What some users have done is to use the Cronofy Power-Up instead of the iCal feed: https://info.trello.com/power-ups/cronofy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events