Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello labels from Google Sheets via Automate.io ?

Heather Watson March 16, 2018

I'm having a hard time getting labels to transfer through from Google Sheets to my Trello cards.

Automate.io either doesn't add anything or gives an error, depending on the format I use.

I have tried using the label name (including making sure it's one word), the color, a number 1-9, and also the unique color ID.  Any suggestions on making this work?  

Zapier will bring in the label name but will add it as a new label with no color.  I would prefer to use Automate.io though, but just including this as a note.

Thank you,

Heather

2 answers

0 votes
Sebastien Morali October 7, 2019

Hi,

I found the solution : you "inspect" the page in Chrome and copy the id-label of your label into the column labels of your Google Sheets.

In your bot you put "use custom value" and you use the column "labels" of your sheet. It works perfect.

Denis Grugeon October 2, 2020

Thanx Sebastien !
Could you please detail the way you call your personal label in google sheet please ?

• I have a google sheet, a zap (I use zapier instead of automate.io) and a trello board
  • I import my labels with "custom labels", but a new label with "no color" is created (duplicate without color)
  • I tried to add my data-id-label="5f19cbff9e699828cc258026" with various syntaxes, but it doesnt work

🙏

People and Culture September 28, 2021

Hi Denis, did you happen to get this solved? I'm experiencing the same issue! 

Denis Grugeon September 30, 2021

Hi Oscar,
I did that job one year ago. without success on colouring the label automaticaly :-(
In my memory :

• the first time a label is created in google sheets, it is only visible in the card (not in the board)
  • Then I have to change the color manualy in Trello
  • The color is kept on the card (even when I modify an other cell in the Google sheets line)
  • but each time a new card with the same label is created from Google Sheets, Trello will generate a duplicated grey label (with the same text).
0 votes
Crystal Davis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Hi Heather,

Crystal from Trello Support here. 

Unfortunately as Automate.io is a 3rd party provider we don't have much information on their specifications. Perhaps Automate can run custom code? If so, you could use the API to add the label: https://developers.trello.com/v1.0/reference#labels

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events