Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello is adding unwanted due dates

SteelDriver April 28, 2023

Trello is adding unwanted due dates to my cards.  I have checked all of my automations and power-ups; nothing I have added should be causing this.  This behavior began spontaneously today, although I have not created any new automations or added any new power-ups.

Please advise; this is affecting the behaviors I have set up to automate.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SteelDriver May 2, 2023

I have reached out to support and had this matter cleared up, thanks.  For anyone who might find this page, it's important to know that disabling a power-up and even deleting its data from your board doesn't actually prevent it from causing issues.  It was a power-up that I had already completely deleted causing the problem.  If this may be a problem for you, know that you also have to go into your settings, scroll down to Applications, and revoke the permission for the power-up you deleted.  This appears to have solved my issue.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Hi @SteelDriver 

Due dates can't simply change by their own. Can you check on the activity for a certain log that will help you identify the cause of this? In addition check the Butler activity as well.

Let me know if you found anything.

SteelDriver April 30, 2023

They aren't chagned due dates - they are spontaneously generating on cards that had no due date set previously.  I have checked the log and confirmed what I said above: no automation or power-up of mine is causing this activity.

I should have added that whenever I delete these due dates, they regenerate automatically.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

There's no way for that to happen without an automation.  I'm afraid it's not a case of "there are no automations", it is that you are not finding the automation you've had set up.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

@SteelDriver can you share with us a video or gif of that?

SteelDriver May 1, 2023

I have reached out to support and had this matter cleared up, thanks.  For anyone who might find this page, it's important to know that disabling a power-up and even deleting its data from your board doesn't actually prevent it from causing issues.  It was a power-up that I had already completely deleted causing the problem.  If this may be a problem for you, know that you also have to go into your settings, scroll down to Applications, and revoke the permission for the power-up you deleted.  This appears to have solved my issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

So, you did have an automation in place.

Interesting that a deleted power-up was still active, I have not seen that before.

SteelDriver May 1, 2023

Yes, I had already deleted this power-up prior to this issue cropping up - in other words it didn't even start causing problems until after it was deleted.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

Good to know that your issue was solved and thanx for sharing this here. I would suggest that you create a new post here, write your answer and then mark it as accepted. This will help more users to find proper guidance to similar troubleshooting. Thanx!

Like SteelDriver likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events