Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello integration with Jira Server

Mike Robinson February 12, 2021

We have a request from one of our teams to integrate Trello with our on-prem Jira Server instance.  I understand that doing so requires having our Jira Server accessible from the internet.  At this writing, this is not something that we are comfortable doing.

Is there a range of IP's that Trello uses to make this connection happen so we can limit access to specific sources?  If we could limit this access from the outside, we might be able to make a case for accessibility with strict controls.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Have you looked into Unito's integration with Trello and Jira? They have 3 methods for connecting Unito to an on-premise Jira server. The first one being the simplest (opening firewall ports and whitelisting Unito's IP addresses), but if your security team is not open to that, there are 2 other alternatives. 

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

@Mike Robinson - Acme Widgets, you can configure your firewall for Trello by following this article. Please have a look at the guidelines; it may help you with your use case.

Cheers,

IL.

Mike Robinson February 14, 2021

Thanks for the reply.  I don't know if that is what I am looking for.  So is the integration with Jira a one way connection from Jira Server to Trello, as it is from Jira Server to Bitbucket cloud?  If so, then why the requirement for Jira to be accessible from the public internet?

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2021

I believe you're referring to Using the Jira Power-Up, which, indeed, states the need for your Jira Server/DC to be accessible on the public internet.

* If you're connecting to a Jira Server, you'll first need to install the Trello Connector for Jira Server app to your Jira Server. However, please be aware that your Jira Server has to be accessible on the public internet and not be behind SSO (Single Sign-On).

I would point out the first link I shared. Trello needs to authorize the connection/integration within Trello, and, therefore, they should be able to communicate with each other over the Internet.

I'm now interested in learning what others have experienced in this regard.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events