Trello integration & SSO

Hammaad Choudhary April 17, 2020

Hi,

I work in the IT department of my company and a few of my users use Trello (free version) and they've asked the question whether their team can sign up for SSO for it, but I'm not sure how it works with Trello now being part of Atlassian, whereas on Trello we couldn't use SSO as we needed the enterprise package to configure SSO with our AAD or ADFS. we're based in the UK, would we able to use SSO integration for Trello via Atlassian. Any help or guidance will be appreciated. Thank you.

Kind Regards

HC

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

@Hammaad Choudhary You can get SSO by upgrading to Trello Enterprise, however you need at least 20 users in your team for that. Otherwise, you can use the new Atlassian Access account to get SSO for just $3/month/user which means you don't have to pay for all the enterprise Trello features just to get SSO.

Hammaad Choudhary April 20, 2020

Awesome! thanks man! appreciate it :) 

Jessica Venditti May 7, 2020

@Iain Dooley 

I did want to follow up with you on this as we have SSO on for our Atlassian users and to make it easier for our Trello users we were looking at the Trello SSO. Is okay to have both? If we do essentially the Trello users would have three access flows: Atlassian SSO, direct to trello and Trello SSO. Is this correct? 

To have the Trello SSO, we would need to be on Enterprise, correct? I just did not want any conflicting information.

Thanks

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

@Jessica Venditti I'm waiting for all my users to have updated to Atlassian accounts before I do this, but my understanding is that if you get the Atlassian Access SSO for $3/month/account, then the SSO will just automatically apply to Trello and you don't need to upgrade to Enterprise to get it. It was @Michael Pryor who told me this in his AMA last year so perhaps he can clarify your question :)

Jessica Venditti May 7, 2020

Thanks @Iain Dooley We are in the midst of this transition. We have several staff that are Trello only and the use of the current atlassian tile through SSO, while they can use it, is confusing if they don't use the other Atlassian products as the tile label is not clear for Trello only so we were looking at how we can add the Trello tile for the SSO however it will come with enterprise account. We don't yet use many of the Trello functions so trying to evaluate if we want to pay for just the tile for access. I do appreciate your reply and look forward to thoughts from @Michael Pryor 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events