Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello: how to manage long lists (long to do list it trello)

Trading September 7, 2018

We have started using trello in our Bitbucket cloud repository. By default, it gives us three lists-to do, doing and done. The problem is that the to do list is more then 15 tasks already and now we have to scroll up and down just to see that list of tasks. There is a lot of real estate on the computer screen that is going waste and I was hoping for some kind of a way where the to do list can be seen in grid format instead of just one long narrowr rectangle.

There is a plug-in "change layout for lists" but it is just changing the layout for multiple list. It is not changing the layout of a particular list.

How do I change the layout for a particular list. If that is not possible, what is the recommended number of cards that can be added in a list? To me, it seems anything beyond five is a waste of real estate and somehow we need to break this list into smaller lists.

This should be a common bigger problem and am hoping that people have already got resolution to this via a plugin or best practices tweaks.

Please advise. Thank you for your inputs.

1 answer

0 votes
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

Hi @Trading,

You may have to take a step back and analyze what constitutes a creation of a card. Initially, when Trello started, the maximum amount of cards created were set to 5. Consider condensing the cards or migrating them to a new board. Like you said, scrolling through 15 cards isn't very effective. 

I'd suggest making a general card. Then adding checklist or custom fields to it. That way it's broken down. 

You can use the change layouts chrome extension but I think it'll get too messy and overwhelming. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events