It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello for touchscreen windows 10

Paul Salverda Jan 09, 2018

We are starting to use Trello on tablets on forklifts in our factory. They are prefarably equiped with Windows 10  as our ERP systems also runs on Windows.  A swe tried this we found out that drag and drop with cards does not work (press and hold works as if it is a right mouse click)

There is a windows 10 trello app in the microsoft app store but now I read that it does not support non IOS and Non Android OS unfortunately. Is there any chance in the future that the app will work on Windows tablets?

Thx, Paul

8 answers

7 votes
JRS I'm New Here Dec 17, 2018

This feels like a very basic functionality that should be standard... Moving cards is crucial to the entire work flow and if you can't do that I'm not sure how to get around it... 

5 votes
André Pereira Nov 12, 2018

Sorry to say. I have moved our company from Trello because of this issue. There's no excuse unless you don't want customers. We can't wait for 1 more year for such a barebones basic feature. And Atlassian is aware but doesn't commit the 10 man-hours required to fix this once and for all.

Andrew Davis Mar 09, 2019

I'm also considering abandoning Trello because of this...

4 votes
Zac Kenny I'm New Here Mar 07, 2019

2019 and this still isn’t fixed!? Come on! I look like a moron carrying around a Bluetooth mouse with my tablet to meetings just so I can use Trello! This is way overdue.

2 votes
Caity Cogdell Atlassian Team Jan 10, 2018

Hi Paul,

Right now, we don't have immediate plans for providing touch support outside of our Android and iOS app. While the browser version of Trello does work with some touchscreen devices, it isn't officially supported.

I understand that's disappointing, and I'll let our team know that this is something you'd be interested in. In the meantime, you can also move a card by opening that card and the selecting the "Move" button in the card's menu.

ckain11 Aug 19, 2018

Please make this a priority. Touch isn't going away on Windows and drag-and-drop is necessary to make Trello worthwhile. Currently I can't even use the drag-and-drop in the Chrome version with my Surface, which really makes it an outlier. Support in the desktop version would be preferable though. Please at least put some minimal emphasis on Windows touch.

Like # people like this
Bartlomiej Gasior Sep 25, 2018

I agree with @ckain11 - Touch screen is getting more and more common on Windows machines

Like Andrew Davis likes this
Christopher Gray I'm New Here Feb 23, 2019

@Caity Cogdell this is disappointing for sure. I just finished setting up a Windows 10 touch screen, and subsequently spent a bunch of time troubleshooting why cards could not be dragged in the app or in a browser. I assumed it was a Windows problem, but I can drag items in other programs successfully.

Please, I submit that it is valuable to support dragging cards in the world's most used operating system. 

In Windows Explorer, for example, a touch and drag gives priority to scrolling. Holding briefly, and releasing operates a right-click. Holding briefly and dragging behaves like click and drag. 

When would this functionality be fixed?

Like Andrew Davis likes this
1 vote
Paul Salverda Jan 12, 2018

Okay thanks for the answer, we will switch our tablets to Android. It also seems our ERP system (Exact) will soon be supporting Android

1 vote
Andrew Davis Mar 09, 2019

It's very surprising that Trello staff seems to be showing no interest in correcting this issue.

I've been searching for a solution regarding this, and this is the only one flaw with Trello, that may cause me to completely drop this system and find another.

Please do the reasonable thing, to correct this issue for your users.
Thank you.

1 vote
Brett Wakeman Apr 01, 2019

+1000 for touch support for Trello on windows devices.  Useless on my microsoft surface unless I get a mouse.

1 vote
Andy Grimm Apr 22, 2019

This is pretty crazy that it is April 2019 and Trello doesn't support touchscreens on Windows or the web, like the website on my iPad. I'm honestly shocked and swore I was using the app wrong at first. We have daily standups in front of our Perceptive Pixels (precursor to the Surface Hub) and it is a joke watching us move cards around and makes our standup take longer (which if you have daily standups, you know this sucks).

Please fix this.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Trello

My e-portfolio: using Trello to keep track of skills and experiences

The days are flying by so fast, I can’t seem to slow things down no matter how hard I try. My memory is great; however, I can’t seem to remember vivid details or even highlights from each year of my ...

1,176 views 13 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you