Trello for touchscreen windows 10

Paul Salverda January 9, 2018

We are starting to use Trello on tablets on forklifts in our factory. They are prefarably equiped with Windows 10  as our ERP systems also runs on Windows.  A swe tried this we found out that drag and drop with cards does not work (press and hold works as if it is a right mouse click)

There is a windows 10 trello app in the microsoft app store but now I read that it does not support non IOS and Non Android OS unfortunately. Is there any chance in the future that the app will work on Windows tablets?

Thx, Paul

28 answers

20 votes
JRS December 17, 2018

This feels like a very basic functionality that should be standard... Moving cards is crucial to the entire work flow and if you can't do that I'm not sure how to get around it... 

12 votes
BitMoDu November 12, 2018

Sorry to say. I have moved our company from Trello because of this issue. There's no excuse unless you don't want customers. We can't wait for 1 more year for such a barebones basic feature. And Atlassian is aware but doesn't commit the 10 man-hours required to fix this once and for all.

Andrew Davis March 9, 2019

I'm also considering abandoning Trello because of this...

Like # people like this
Daniel Söderman September 21, 2023

Yeah this is crazy, BitMoDu, have you found another software that filled your needs? 

10 votes
Zac Kenny March 7, 2019

2019 and this still isn’t fixed!? Come on! I look like a moron carrying around a Bluetooth mouse with my tablet to meetings just so I can use Trello! This is way overdue.

6 votes
Brett Wakeman April 1, 2019

+1000 for touch support for Trello on windows devices.  Useless on my microsoft surface unless I get a mouse.

5 votes
Jan March 16, 2020

Two years later and it's even more crucial but missing feature. Trello, please!

4 votes
Achan Bedi June 30, 2021

Lol-ing at the fact that this thread has been going for nearly 4 years now and there is still no touch - drag-and-drop support.

Literally every single other kanban app has this now.

You risk falling behind here Atlassian.

4 votes
Jan May 5, 2020

Nearly half way through 2020 and no touch screen support, this is getting ridiculous 😂 can we go back to dos command prompt please?

Temeer1 August 30, 2020

I've just bought a new Ms Surface and i'm so greatly disappointed! I could not expect that from Trello team (

4 votes
Andy Grimm April 22, 2019

This is pretty crazy that it is April 2019 and Trello doesn't support touchscreens on Windows or the web, like the website on my iPad. I'm honestly shocked and swore I was using the app wrong at first. We have daily standups in front of our Perceptive Pixels (precursor to the Surface Hub) and it is a joke watching us move cards around and makes our standup take longer (which if you have daily standups, you know this sucks).

Please fix this.

4 votes
Andrew Davis March 9, 2019

It's very surprising that Trello staff seems to be showing no interest in correcting this issue.

I've been searching for a solution regarding this, and this is the only one flaw with Trello, that may cause me to completely drop this system and find another.

Please do the reasonable thing, to correct this issue for your users.
Thank you.

4 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Paul,

Right now, we don't have immediate plans for providing touch support outside of our Android and iOS app. While the browser version of Trello does work with some touchscreen devices, it isn't officially supported.

I understand that's disappointing, and I'll let our team know that this is something you'd be interested in. In the meantime, you can also move a card by opening that card and the selecting the "Move" button in the card's menu.

ckain11 August 19, 2018

Please make this a priority. Touch isn't going away on Windows and drag-and-drop is necessary to make Trello worthwhile. Currently I can't even use the drag-and-drop in the Chrome version with my Surface, which really makes it an outlier. Support in the desktop version would be preferable though. Please at least put some minimal emphasis on Windows touch.

Like # people like this
Bartlomiej Gasior September 25, 2018

I agree with @ckain11 - Touch screen is getting more and more common on Windows machines

Like # people like this
Christopher Gray February 23, 2019

@Caity this is disappointing for sure. I just finished setting up a Windows 10 touch screen, and subsequently spent a bunch of time troubleshooting why cards could not be dragged in the app or in a browser. I assumed it was a Windows problem, but I can drag items in other programs successfully.

Please, I submit that it is valuable to support dragging cards in the world's most used operating system. 

In Windows Explorer, for example, a touch and drag gives priority to scrolling. Holding briefly, and releasing operates a right-click. Holding briefly and dragging behaves like click and drag. 

When would this functionality be fixed?

Like # people like this
Matt Crossette June 10, 2019

Any word on this? I would like to add my name to the list of people that want this. 

Like Mike Diamond likes this
Brian Chamberlain September 5, 2019

Ping! Any update? I echo the sentiments of previous posts. Please add touch support!

Paul Dorra September 13, 2019

Whom do I have to bribe for this? ;) 

Please update this thread accordingly. :)

Kazuo Todd October 14, 2019

Hey so is there any chance this is something that might happen in the future? I just spent a lot of money to have a 43" touch screen, only to realize I cant drag Trello cards around on windows. My IT department is not going to allow iOS or android devices to be hooked up to the network. I would really like to see this feature, Is there a way to properly ask for it?

Mike Diamond February 6, 2020

Atlassian can you please explain why you refuse to implement this often-requested feature to bring the Windows app closer to feature parity with their iOS and Android siblings? Are we not worth the effort?

飛蛇 Pue-Tsuâ March 4, 2020

Wow, it's 2020 now and this feature is not here? I thought it was browser problem or Surface problem but only I found out you guys decided not to support it. Maybe it's time to google "trello alternative" now.

Like # people like this
charlie January 11, 2021

Please can the team at Atlassian/Trello explore implementing this, or at least provide reasons to the community as to why this hasn't been implemented yet? 

I can understand if this requires a whole back-end restructure, but I don't believe this is the case. Why hasn't this been prioritised as a feature for the thousands of Windows touchscreen Trello users?

Please can you provide us an update as it is now 2021.

Josh Parks November 16, 2022

time keeps rolling --- end of 2022 -- looking at 2023 very soon... what is an update on providing the same method for card moving support like iOS on an Android?

Like Sara Ausdemore-Matteo likes this
Craig Koch September 8, 2023

Just replicating the sentiment here. Bought a touch screen so employees could easily update their progress on various tasks. Really could use this feature. Nearing the end of 2023 now.

PS original comment said some browsers do work. Does anybody know which ones they are talking about? If all I have to do is switch browser then I'd be happy to set that up. 

3 votes
Johan Pirot March 26, 2020

Following this discussion for 2 years and never started using Trello for this reason. Having touch on Windows and browser is essential for us to get started with it.

3 votes
peteraylettrn January 10, 2020

Jan 2020 - looks like it’s still not possible to drag cards on a Windows 10 touch screen.

Pity because Trello is otherwise such a great program. But, yeah, it’s pretty useless without this. I mounted a touch screen to a wall in a common area planning to use Trello, but now I can’t. (I get that browser support for drag-drop is a bit sketchy at the best of times and most websites have s bit of trouble, but this is fundamental to the Trello workflow). We would all appreciate it if someone could please look into this. 

2 votes
Nicky Clark October 27, 2020

+1

I'm an avid Trello user and moved my entire organisation over a few years ago. This year we've upgraded all of our laptops to Microsoft Surface Pros so are struggling now that we find it's incompatible without lugging a mouse everywhere.

2 votes
Jelle October 25, 2020

Come on Trello / Altassian. Listen to users please. No support for touch costs a lot of customers money. I bought surface tablets, now the use is pointless. Every customer just assumes that it is supported. Like supporting svga and soundblaster. We also assume that......

2 votes
Tobias Schniertshauer November 25, 2019

Dear developers,
please make sure that a modern operation for all end devices is possible. If you already offer a Windows-App then please also on the today's conditions of the time.

Thank you!

2 votes
Are Jilesen November 17, 2019

Common! Please add touch support for web and Trello desktop. it is possible :) 

1 vote
Garry Haywood November 24, 2021

1) I'm super surprised to find that dragging on a touchscreen in the windows app is not yet native

2) a bit surprised that this feature request has been going on all this time

3) not surprised at Atlassian's disregard of this request... we're slowly moving away from your products... we see you!

1 vote
MiKaPiBa October 21, 2021

Also really really disappointed in Trello. Just bough a touch screen to have a smooth digital kanban board. Reading this whole thread, I started googling on 'Trello Alternatives'...

1 vote
Florence Côté August 4, 2021

3 years later and still not fixed? It is very disappointing. I used to love Trello and used it for years both for personal and professional use but now that I have a windows surface I can't use it freely anymore and I will have to switch to another tool even if I liked it...

1 vote
Andreas Lengger June 10, 2021

I just bought a brand new Lenovo X1 Titanium Yoga with a touchscreen. I asked in advance and was told that trello would not work on "large touch screens" (e.g. in factories) since it wasnt intended for that. On that basis, I also a bought a trello subscription.

I just started the laptop and guess what: It DOES NOT WORK. No way to use the Yoga without a mouse. So no tablet use.

Trello, please get this working asap...

1 vote
Jan Baumgartner April 12, 2021

Also das finde ich jetzt wirklich unter aller Kanone, dass sich Trello nicht einmal zu einem Statement herunterlässt!

A Gibt es eine Antwort vom Support direkt?

B Google Chrome / Flags hat bietet Sonderfunktionen, wäre das allenfalls eine Lösung?

C ist die Verwendung des Betriebssystems Android eine Lösung?

D Was ist die Alternative zu Trello, könnt Ihr mir einige Produkte nennen?

Beste Grüsse aus der Schweiz

Jan

Andreas Lengger June 10, 2021

Fully agree.

Michael Janus November 24, 2021

I looked at a number of alternatives. One worth trying is ClickUp, which is a Trello-on-steroids! The reason that I did not switch over yet is because their Android app is still lacking some of the functionality that I need. But they are very active on processing user requests and communicating their roadmaps. (Btw, they even offer a function to import Trello projects).

1 vote
Paul Dorra September 13, 2019

Having a touchscreen laptop and using mouse to drag-and-drop feels really stupid.

Going to watch this thread and use Post-Its instead of Trello ... 

1 vote
Brian Chamberlain September 5, 2019

Can you please add support for touch on the Windows Trello desktop app?

I'm a big Trello fan and want to use it on my windows Surface. I'm not sure what adding touch support requires on the engineering side. The only aspect of it I really care about is being able to drag/move cards to reorder them and put them in different lists. 

1 vote
Takeshi Takatsudo July 11, 2019

I tired to buy surface for trello.

However I need to give up for this.

1 vote
com_wilmci July 11, 2019

We just migrated our entire organisation off Trello because of the lack of touchscreen support. 

Jeff_Kooker May 4, 2020

I'm contemplating the same thing. If you don't mind me asking, what platform did you move to and how do you like it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events