Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello for Slack's Quick Actions not working from Android Slack app

Fran Fabrizio April 5, 2023

We use Trello for Slack to manage Trello cards from Slack. Things work fine from Slack's desktop and iOS apps, but on the Slack Android app, if we attempt to use the Quick Actions from the Trello for Slack integration, Slack throws an error popup ("Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again.") This happens when choosing any option from the Quick Action menu on any Trello card preview within the Android Slack app. Verified this behavior with two different users from two different Android phones on multiple Trello cards within multiple Slack channels. Tried clearing the Android Slack app cache, reinstalling the Android Slack app, and de-authorizing and re-authorizing the Trello for Slack integration. No luck. 

Is this a known issue? 

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Adlane September 5, 2023

Hello, any news for this issue we are still facing ?

Thanks in advance

Fran Fabrizio September 5, 2023

I'd also like an update! When I filed the support ticket back in April, it was closed with "I'll pass all this information on to the team for additional investigation. Although we're not sure exactly when the solution for this issue will be ready, we promise to roll it out as soon as it's available. Thank you for your patience!"

Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2023

Hi there, 

We've identified that this issue was on Slack's side and not on Trello. If you're still experiencing this problem, we suggest you reach out to Slack support at https://slack.com/help for further investigation. 

Alina | The Trello Team

Fran Fabrizio September 5, 2023

I did reach out to Slack support today. After going over the bug's details with them, they said that Trello's development team would need to contact them directly. See their reply:

Thanks for the reply and the great screenshots!

Checking out the screenshots I can see that the Quick Actions menu is just a Select Menu element added to the message by the Trello app. You can find this element here: link to Slack API reference.

When a developer adds one of these menus to a message they can configure their app to receive events when you select an item from the menu. If you're able to select the menu on android and the list of options displays but the menu returns an error after selecting the item, the issue is likely with dispatching that event to the Trello app.

Did Trello mention what they found in their logs that pointed to this issue being on our end? Are they not receiving the event from Slack when the Android user selects an option in the menu?

I would recommend having their developer team write to us about the issue they found as troubleshooting will require digging into the logs for their app and we'll need them to send us the payload they're sending to our API to create the message and button. You can provide any information the need to help raise the trouble with our team, including your ticket number here (5014001). However, they are responsible for reaching out to us regarding issues with their app.

Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2023

Thanks for sharing the response, Fran!

I've reached out to our team to identify our next steps. I'll update this thread once there're any developments. 

Alina | The Trello Team

Like Fran Fabrizio likes this
0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2023

Hey @Fran Fabrizio,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I noticed you've reached out to us both through a support ticket and here in the community post. No worries at all! Our team is on it, and one of our friendly colleagues will be getting back to you shortly through your ticket. Thanks for your patience!

Fran Fabrizio April 7, 2023

Thanks for the update! Yes I cast a wide net in case other community members had encountered this (and will report back here if the support ticket turns up a useful resolution). 

Like Alina Kurishko likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events