Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello for Non-Profit Approval

Mason Garcera February 23, 2024

What is the typical time Trello takes to grant approval for nonprofit applications through Percent? My organization applied on February 12th and it's now February 23rd, and I'm worried about potential disruptions to our work due to the delay.

Our free trial was cancelled yesterday, and we were hoping to be approved before then to continue our work. We had applied for Asana nonprofit pricing and was approved through Percent in less than 24 hours, so I was expecting a similar turnaround time in this case. 

Thanks!

Mason

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lauren Black
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2024

Hi Mason, 

We are certainly still providing the nonprofit discount for Trello through Percent. I'm checking in with the Percent team on your verification. 

Lauren

Mason Garcera February 25, 2024

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your response - after seeing Agent's response below I am not necessarily sure what to believe and am at a standstill. I don't want to get our staffs' hopes up in securing non-profit pricing and deploying Trello if the program was discontinued. Considering you're part of the Atlassian Team working in Social Impact, I'm inclined to believe that you have up-to-date knowledge on what Atlassian can offer. 

Looking forward to hearing more insights!

Mason

Lauren Black
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2024

Hi @Mason Garcera , here is the link to the eligibility policy for community licenses which includes Trello: https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#pricing-discounts 

Apologies for the delay on your request - you're right, it doesn't usually take that long and we are looking into what happened in this case. 

Our customer advocacy team has been in touch. 

Like Mason Garcera likes this
Mason Garcera February 26, 2024

Thank you so much for your help Lauren, I appreciate your attentiveness to this! 

Mason

Mason Garcera February 28, 2024

Hi Lauren,

I just wanted you to know that our agency had secured nonprofit pricing through Atlassian/Percent! Thank you so much for your help in pushing this along!

Best,

Mason

Lauren Black
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2024

Pleasure! Glad you're all sorted and you can now focus on delivering on your mission with Trello. Would love to know... what's your use case for Trello?

Mason Garcera March 1, 2024

Sure, I'd be happy to answer that question!

For context, Corazon Community Services is a small, Latinx-focused nonprofit in Cicero, IL providing youth programming and health services. We have interdepartmental initiatives that occur often, yet information has oftentimes been siloed due to a lack of a centralized project management system, leading to bottlenecks in project pipelines. 

In procuring project management software(s) for our agency, I found that Trello is:

• Highly visual; easy-to-understand interactive Kanban elements leading to a short learning curve for staff who are not used to complex project management structures
  • Capable of reducing ad-hoc communication in Slack (trying to understand where we're at in a project phase) vis-a-vis a Trello card
  • A platform where I can create boards called "Agency Manual" and "Agency Directory," where cards are informational in nature and unable to be edited by members. I.e., company policies and contact information that can be accessed on-the-fly

Ultimately, I wanted something mobile-friendly and able to be formatted for various uses.

Hope this helps!

Mason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events