Trello for Gmail - not working?

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

Hi there

I have checked the other tickets around this issue but find nothing close to similar. I am a G Suite Admin and we have the marketplace Trello for Gmail application enabled and ON for everyone. This has been for quite some time and has been used successfully by myself and others before ...

Though myself and a few other users are unable to see the application on Gmail in the right hand sidebar. We do see Keep, Tasks and Calendar - but no Trello icon.

This is relatiely new as none of the users noticed this before this week - Can't be sire for how long it is missing.

Please advise?

Thank you

Yatish

3 answers

1 vote
Paul_Skinner August 26, 2019
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

Thanks Paul. I wonder if Trello is aware of this. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

0 votes
bentley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

I'm trying to dig into this a bit more, but it is tricky to reproduce, unfortunately. We have a few clarifying questions.

1. Does the icon show up when you open an email (as opposed to looking at the inbox)?

2. Do you have the "side panel" expanded?

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.16.22 AM.png

3. Can you confirm that the app is in the trusted list? Check out Add or remove an app from the trusted list here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/7281227?hl=en

0 votes
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2019

Hi there (Paul and others too) - Just replying to see if any one else can see this and if there is any feedback available for us for this? Thanks in advance

Paul_Skinner October 1, 2019

I have today submitted these two forum posts to Trello support since this forum is obviously not looked at. 

Will report here if I get a response. 

Paul_Skinner October 7, 2019

I am now in contact with Trello support and we are diagnosing. Will follow up with any solutions as they are discovered. 

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2019

Thank you, Paul. Has there perhaps been any outcome on that?

Paul_Skinner January 8, 2020

Sorry Yatish. This is slow moving, partly because I'm overwhelmingly busy with other work.

Trello support asked me to try various things in an attempt to diagnose the issue. We have not reached any proper conclusions as yet. 

However, I have now successfully installed the Trello for Gmail app on a separate (Legacy Free Edition) G Suite setup, domain-wide. This proves that nothing in my browser or network, or computer, is preventing this working. It likely has something to do with our G Suite configuration. 

We (Trello and I) did think at a certain moment that some traces of a previously installed Gmail plugin might not be 'playing nicely' (this was an inbox-based CRM). However, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case, and the calls that we saw in the JS console to that domain were in fact calls 'home' from marketing emails from other businesses using that same CRM (this CRM can embed those dastardly tracking pixel.gif images).

So, no further forward; I am sure there is something simple that is incompatible but we are not there. Any progress on your end?

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2020

Hi Paul - OK, no worries. 

Oh OK - that is quite some good news it seems.

I wonder what the setting/configuration would be. I will have a look into in when I can and let you know.

Gmail plugin like what if I may ask.

No progress on my end too - We only have this add on install and allow some extensions of which I have tested removing all across all OUs. But no joy yet - hence I wonder the config that is causing this to not work

I will keep a check here and respond if anything.

Thanks again Paul. All the best there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events