Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello does not sync with Outlook

Laura Hein August 18, 2020

Hi,

I integrated a trello board in outlook with the ICal link. The new calendar in outlook now displays every card with a duedate. However, when I change a duedate (in Trello) or set up a new card, it is not displayed (I waited 24 hours) in Outllok.

Is it usally like that or did I do something wrong?

5 answers

3 votes
Laura Hein August 19, 2020

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal 

Thanks for your answer :)

I followed the steps - and it works. But as I said it only displays the cards that where there when I integrated it. It does not synchronize when I add a new card to trello (I waited 48 hours now....)

Is there any powerup that is for free :)?

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2020

Hi @Laura Hein ,

Welcome to the community!

Please read this article and follow the steps!

https://help.trello.com/article/1064-using-trello-with-microsoft-outlook

I prefer to use power-ups like zapier,unito etc

0 votes
Felipe Fiad November 4, 2022

When syncing, click ADVANCED button, and uncheck the last checkbox, that sets a limit of 1 hour to refresh the updates.

This worked for me

0 votes
Kyle Igarashi September 29, 2022

I'm having this same problem. I followed the instructions from the link that @Soumyadeep Mandal posted, which allowed my Trello Board to initially sync with Outlook. But every subsequent change that I made in Trello did not flow through to my Outlook Calendar - it's as if the sync was just a one-time snapshot, rather than an actual live subscription to the Trello Board.

I also looked into the power up posted above, but that's not really helpful. I need to see my Trello cards in line with my Outlook calendar, so I can balance my work with my appointments. Having a Trello calendar that's separate from my Outlook calendar isn't what I'm looking for - Trello can already do that with the Calendar Power-up, and that's not meeting my use case.

Any new solutions here?

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events